Founded in 1886, SUF, the Swedish Inventors' Association is the
world's oldest inventor association and Sweden's only national
professional organization for inventors. SUF plays an important role in
promoting innovation in the Swedish society:
SUF aims at improving the conditions for inventors
- SUF is a body to which a proposed measure is referred for
- SUF is a creator of public opinion in favour of inventors
- SUF has unique know-how and contacts within the field of innovation
- SUF provides service and information regarding innovation
- SUF covers questions regarding patent legislation and acts in the
interest of inventors
is an active and recognized partner in the field of development and
innovation and an inventor's natural contact at the early stage of the
chain of innovation.
Today, there are about 3800 members, including individual members as
well as companies. Members range from active professional inventors to
persons interested in the field of innovation. SUF collaborates with
about 50 regional associations who meet every other year for the
Parliament of Swedish Inventors.
Objectives and activities
of the objectives of SUF is networking between its individual members and
the different parties within the field of innovation such as financing,
marketing etc. by organising meetings, seminars, visits and and by
participating in fairs. Special activities and projects concern women.
- SUF has a special service for members, offering reduced fees for
renewal of annual fees for patents, design, and trademarks
- The professional journal Uppfinnaren/Konstruktören is distributed to
the members (6 issues per year).
- Special training courses are organized for inventors who want to
improve their knowledge of the different stages in developing an idea
into a product.
is a member of IFIA, the International Federation of Inventors
For more information about the Swedish
Inventors' Association, please send an email to
or give us a call at +46 8 545 16470.